Here Are Some Of Our Favourite Beauty Tips
We asked some of our beauty therapists what their favourite hints and tips were, here is what they said …
- For soft feet, lather them up with a rich body cream or petroleum jelly just before bed, pop on some cotton socks and go to sleep. By morning your feet will be smoother than baby skin.
- Make you nail polish dry faster by dipping your freshly painted nails in iced water for a couple of minutes.
- It’s always best to do 2 thin coats of polish, than 1 thick coat. Thick coats of polish are what cause polish to peel off.
- The best time to apply body moisturizer is right after the shower while your skin is still slightly damp. Your skin will drink it in.
- For volume in your hair, apply your shampoo under your hair at the nape of your neck and work the lather up into the rest of your hair.
- Your showers should always be warm (not piping hot) as the heat can dry out your hair and skin causing damage.
- Giving your hair a blast of cold water at the end of your shower helps to close up the cuticles which helps promote shine.
- The best time to wax or pluck your brows is right after a shower when your pores are still open. This will allow the hair to remove more easily and lesspainfully.
- Don’t rub your hair dry with the towel, but pat it dry. Rubbing can cause breakage and unwanted frizz.
- Avoid using too much heat on your hair, such as with styling tools and hair dryers, as this the biggest cause of damage to hair. At the least, let your hair air dry naturally before using styling tools and use on a low heat setting.
- Hair masks are a great way of replenishing dry, damaged hair. To reap the full benefits of a hair mask, once on your hair cover with a shower cap to promote steaming.
- Take your makeup off every night before bed. Night time is when your skin regenerates and makeup prevents your skin from renewing itself, therefore resulting in dull skin and maybe even breakouts.
- Put together a basic skin care routine that you know you can do every morning and night. To keep it simple, all you need is a cleanser, toner and moisturiser.
- Educate yourself on what your skin type is. This will help determine the best skin care routine, makeup products and tips and tricks to get the best out of your skin.
- If you have a big pimple and no pimple cream, use your toothpaste! Apply to the pimple and leave overnight and by morning it will be dried out.
- Apply concealer after your foundation, as most of the time your foundation will cover your spots and this will prevent you from caking up with two layers of cover.
- For more bright and awake eyes, use a flesh coloured eyeliner on your lower waterline. This will make the whites of your eyes appear larger.
- Primers are your best friend. You can get primers for your face, eyelids, eyelashes and even lips. They work just like they sound; laying down a base on your skin that gives a smooth and even surface and prolongs the wear of your makeup.
- Wash your makeup brushes once a week; replace your towel often, as well as your pillow cases. These are key places where bacteria can grow and cause breakouts.
- Everyone says it, but drink lots of water!