Grapefruit Essential Oil
If you are feeling a little down, lethargic or even depressed, this is the essential oil for you.
Grapefruit essential oil is one of the most uplifting and can be great for making you feel more positive and optimistic.
The oil from grapefruit is also known as stimulating to the lymphatic system and therefore great for a de toxing routine.
The lymphatic system is the one that helps the body eliminate toxins, so if you are switching to healthier lifestyle, perhaps giving up smoking or just eliminating caffeine and alcohol from your diet, grapefruit essential oil can help your body cope with the process.
This oil is also indicated for the treatment of cellulite, obesity and water retention. It has an uplifting and reviving effect which makes it valuable for treating stress, depression and exhaustion.
How To Use Grapefruit Oil
- Burners and vaporizers – In an oil warmer grapefruit oil can be used for hangovers, headaches, over indulgence, mental exhaustion and depression.
- Blended massage oil or in the bath – Grapefruit oil can be used in a blended massage oil, or may be diluted in the bath to assist with cellulite, colds and flu, lack of energy, jet lag, muscle fatigue, overweight, headaches, moodiness and mental and physical tiredness. It can be found in our Skin Massage Oil
- Lotions, creams and washes – Grapefruit essential oil can help to clear a greasy, congested and acne skin, while also helping the tissue get rid of cellulite and drain any excess retained water.
- Blending Oils: When using it, you may want to blend it with other oils to gain extra benefits. Other oils that compliment Grapefruit Essential Oil are Lavender, Geranium, Bergamot, Frankincense, Peppermint, Basil, Ylang Ylang, Rosemary and Palma Rosa.
Benefits Of Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Revitalisation And Uplifting Qualities – Grapefruit’s distinctive aroma is fruity enough to be pleasant, but tangy enough to perk you right back up and leave you full of energy.
- Skin Health – Grapefruit oil can be applied to the skin to assist muscle fatigue, skin tone, and acne or overly oily skin. It can also be used as a facial cleanser and treatment for some light skin irritations. Regular massage with a grapefruit essential oil helps keep your skin young and beautiful.
- Antimicrobial Properties – It works as a disinfectant as it is antiviral and antimicrobial. This means it can protect the body from infection, and help with conditions like urinary tract infections, stomach disorders, oral infections, skin problems and more. It can be applied to bruises, wounds, cuts, and acne to protect them from becoming septic.
- Moderates Your Nervous System – Several studies note that inhaling some fragrances (notably grapefruit oil) help stimulate pathways in your olfactory system and modulates the activity of your nervous systems.
- Antioxidant: Just like the fruit itself, Grapefruit Essential Oil has antioxidant properties. Primarily, it is very rich in vitamin C, which in combination with other present antioxidants means that the oil can boost your immune system efficiently. It also means it can help combat the degeneration of tissue and premature aging.
- Toxin Removal: One of the best properties of this oil is its ability to work the lymphatic system. By doing so, the oil plays a vital role in removing unwanted and harmful toxins from the body. This means that Grapefruit Essential Oil ensures the healthy functioning of the body’s systems and organs, providing overall enhanced well being.
- Antidepressant: Similarly to other citrus oils, grapefruit is an antidepressant. It has both uplifting and relaxing effects for the mind because of its aroma but also the hormones that it stimulates in the brain. This means that the oil can promote positive emotions and attitudes including hope and relief from symptoms of depression and stress.