Can massage really make the stress melt from your muscles, cleanse your skin, lessen pain and help you feel great?
Sure it can, here are a few ways that massage not only makes you feel good but can help you look good too.
How Massage Can Make Your Body More Healthy
- Increases the circulation of blood around your body. Helps get rid of all the toxins from too much partying in your lymph system
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helps your cells pick up the nutrition that is in your body.
- Makes your skin healthier and better nourished from the inside
- Reduces pain, either from headaches or from muscle tightness (those century old knots in your shoulders and back don’t have to be there)
- Helps you move easier and helps joints move better
- Makes your immune system stronger
How Massage Can Make Your Mind More Relaxed
- Massage is one of the best things you can do to reduce stress and stress related symptoms. So if the kids are driving you mad or your boss is sending you up the wall, booking regular massages will help you not to strangle either.
- Promotes deep relaxation, our aim is to make you melt so that you slide off the table at the end.
- Makes you aware of the mind-body connection – yes that stress goes directly into your shoulders and neck.
- Makes you feel good.
- Can be stimulating or sedating depending on how it’s applied (we can either wake you up or send you to sleep. Don’t worry, we don’t mind if you snore while we massage, and you won’t be the first person who has nodded off).
Massage Benefits and Tips
What To Expect After Your Massage
- You could feel really sleepy, dopey and a bit out of it. Good idea to give yourself some time to relax afterwards.
- If we really do some deep tissue work on you, you might feel a little sore the next day.
- Massage can also dehydrate the body, so it is suggested that you increase your intake of water for at least two days after the massage. If you are drinking then try one glass of champagne then one glass of water. We promise you will thank us the next day.
- Some times guests can feel a little emotional when they get off the table, either with happiness and relaxation or sometimes it can let go long held emotions.
- You may need to go to the bathroom more often
- It may change your sleep patterns.
- Your digestive system will work better.
- You may get a few spots on your skin the day after as toxins come out of your body.
After Your Massage
- Drink plenty of water – because massage increases the flow of blood around your body and will release any toxins, it is a good idea to drink more water for a couple of days after your massage
- Rest – Allow your body to enjoy the benefits of your massage and take it easy for a couple of days especially if it has been a long time since your last massage or if your muscles were very stressed.
- Limit alcohol after the massage – it is recommended that you limit the amount of alcohol and caffeine after a massage as these will further dehydrate your body. If you are going to drink, might be an idea to drink some water before you sleep or stock up on headache tablets.
- Eat a light meal – suggested recipes are here
- Book regular massages – take care of yourself and your body will love you back. Regular massages not only make you feel great but are a good way to keep your body healthy and happy.
Like to keep up to date with the latest massage tips?