Like to have skin as smooth as silk?
Smooth your skin with our hand made lime and tangerine exfoliation. Nourishing cream base, walnut shell to remove rough skin and lime and tangerine essential oil to detoxify and cleanse.
Book now, included free in all our 2, 3 or 4 hour packages, or add onto any package for $60.
Exfoliation - Where we found it: Seoul, South Korea
"I asked the girl on front desk where I could get a great massage.
First up she sent me to a super expensive day spa that did nothing for my muscles that were tighter than my jeans after Christmas.
So the next day I asked her, "Where do Koreans go?" She looked at me and said, "Are you sure?", I nodded and she made a phone call.
2 minutes later I was whisked away to a small traditional Korean bath house called Mud (you'll see why...)
Filled with little Korean ladies half my size and everyone completely starkers and not caring, I had the most magical day spa experience of my life.
I won't tell you about the sauna shaped like an igloo that you had to crawl into that was so hot they wrap thick material around your shoulders. Nor will I tell you about being painted head to foot in mud and sitting in the drying room with 3 other ladies watching Korean soaps on the TV.
But I will tell you about the exfoliation. A yummy, yummy scrub with lots of citrus essential oil, ground walnut shell and cream that made me slide off the table in bliss. I have never felt so clean, and my skin has never felt so polished.
Magic. So good I had to bring it back to Ripple." - Alison
Exfoliation Spa Packages
Free face masks in our exfoliation spa packages
Exfoliation products - free shipping
Walnut, Lime and Tangerine Exfoliating Scrub - Lush blend of essential oils and walnut granules to smooth and polish your skin. 500 ml - $15
Ripple Sole Foot Soak - Exfoliates and revitalises your skin, perfect for a warm foot bath. Scented with peppermint, mandarin and lime and using all natural Australian Water Washed Sea Salts. Large 500 ml jar. $15
- Exfoliation not only strips away dead skin cells, but also moisture, so make sure you use a scrub that has a cream base, not a salt one
- Do your exfoliation with care, too much can damage your skin. Try to limit to one gentle exfoliation every week or so.
- Exfoliate in the morning - skin renews itself at night, so morning is the best time to exfoliate.
- Exfoliation improves texture and tone, helps lighten blemishes and renew the skin. Whenever you exfoliate also remember to nourish your skin from the inside with lots of water and healthy food.
Exfoliation is an underrated step of your skin routine that most people choose to leave out. Exfoliation is so important for several reasons and should always be included in your usual routine but there are several things to keep in mind when it comes to exfoliation that will help you in keeping your skin looking its best.
- If you have oily skin you should do an exfoliation at least 3 times a week. If you have oily skin, you will usually find that you wake up looking shiny or your makeup looks greasy half way through the day. You will also find that the pores on your nose and/or cheeks are rather noticeable with possible black heads. If you have oily skin you should make sure to clear out your pores with exfoliation as this is where pimples like to grow. Oily skin over produces oil, therefore an exfoliation will help a lot with your skin type.
- If you have dry skin you should do an exfoliation once a week. This may contradictive as you may have flaky skin that you want to get rid of but dry skin has smaller pores and therefore does not get as clogged up as someone with oily skin. Also your skin type is generally more sensitive so over exfoliation can irritate your skin. You should be concentrating more on luxurious moisturisers than exfoliation.
- Dont scrub too hard with an exfoliation. The skin on your face is super sensitive and any form of exfoliation is abrasive and can cause irritation or scaring. Your best bet is to stick to something gentle, and if you feel you need something more abrasive, consult your skincare specialist.
- The best time for an exfoliation is just after a shower or during a shower when your skin warmed up and your pores are open. Your skin will be more receptive to the gentle facial scrubs and you won?t need to scrub as hard to notice results.
Types of exfoliation
These types of lotions you will find it tubes or you can make at home. They are usually oil based with either a clear oil or lotion. Granules come usually as sugar, oatmeal, walnut shell or salt. Depending on what you are after, the oatmeal is generally the safest and most gentle exfoliation for your face. If you are using an exfoliation on your body, then you could get away with more abrasive exfoliation like salt, sugar or nut shells.
Manual exfoliation is where you use your usual skincare wash/lotion but with a device that creates exfoliation like a face brush, a wash cloth, a loofah etc. Face brushes are the most common form of manual exfoliation with many available on the market for every budget. The brushes are made delicately so they don?t damage your skin on your face. For your body you can use loofahs, body brushes and even wash clothes to slough away dead skin. For your feet you can use something called a foot file, which looks similar to a nail file but larger and targets heels.
Acid exfoliation is where you use acid within your skincare products such as AHA, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, chemical peels and retinoid. All of these ingredients are found in acne products or anti-aging products at the pharmacy or at your day spa. A natural acid that you can use on your face or body would be lemon or lime juice. These tackle and remove the top layer of your skin without using abrasive materials. Please note that the above mentioned acids are the only ones to use on your skin, and should always be checked with a therapist. DO NOT use any random acid for exfoliation.