Day Spa Lismore
Day Spa Lismore – Tucked away in the north eastern pocket of New South Wales is Lismore, Nimbin & villages. This is an area
renowned for its extraordinary natural beauty, relaxed lifestyles and quirky charms. With its diverse range of accommodation options, along with an eclectic array of cosmopolitan dining alternatives and a wide selection of activities to suit everyone and anyone, it is no wonder that so many visitors flock to Lismore every year.
The area provides the perfect location to relax, rejuvenate and reconnect with nature, yourself and your loved ones. Amongst the myriad of alternative therapies, spa and beauty treatments available, here are our favourites.
Our Favourite Day Spa Lismore Treatments
- Organic green clay facial – Skin is the largest organ on the human body, and it is often our facial skin that shows the first signs of stress, hormonal imbalances or tiredness. Facials are a fantastic way of rejuvenating and cleansing the skin and restoring hydration. The Ripple organic green clay and cucumber facial is highly popular as it uses an oil rich clay high in minerals, suitable for even the most sensitive skin, and gently cleanses congested and problematic skin. The mask also nourishes the skin with macadamia oil and shea butter, leaving you feeling utterly rejuvenated. The one hour facial includes an amazingly relaxing head and face massage to relieve any tension or stress, guaranteed to make you feel lighter and very refreshed
- Deep Tissue massage is a therapeutic style of massage, ideal for treating muscle tension or chronic pain. This is another popular treatment in Lismore as many prefer to combine a weekend of R & R with a session of therapeutic massage to ease any aches and pains. Your remedial massage therapist will diagnose where you need treatment and what may be causing your pain.They will perform some tests to see exactly which muscles are giving you trouble and will tailor a treatment plan to suit. The treatment itself may involve deep tissue work that might even be painful at times, but the results are definitely worth it. Conditions such as sciatica, carpal tunnel, stiff necks, headaches, sports injuries and many more can be eased with a remedial treatment.
- Kahuna Massage – In the Hawaiian tradition, a Kahuna is a healer. This Hawaiian-style massage is a deep and rhythmic
massage which consists of long flowing, continuous strokes to energise and harmonise the body mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. It is a sacred celebration of life that creates harmony on all levels of being and releases energy blockages to restore flow and balance. What better place than the beautiful and tranquil surrounds of Lismore, to connect with your inner self and be one with nature?
- Esoteric Massage is a form of energy healing that restores true movement to the body by creating the right flow of energy to the muscles and joints. Esoteric massage can help to release ill energy, which causes the body to move in a dysfunctional manner. Esoteric massage is unique and very unlike many other forms of massage, as there is no direct physical contact between the therapist and client. The therapist uses techniques to balance and remove blocks in the energy centres that are associated with physical areas in the body. This massage is very deeply healing, aimed at providing functional support and restoring flow of movement to the body.
- Tui Na Massage is a branch of traditional Chinese medicine that is all about soft tissue treatment, skeletal alignment, and energy issuance. Tui Na is a complete system of medicine, giving it the ability to address both internal diseases and external injuries. Its popularity stems in part from the fact that is the least invasive form of traditional Chinese medicine, where no herbs are prescribed and no needles are used. Tui Na can be effective in treating pain related conditions, circulatory disorders, gastrointestinal complaints, infertility issues, stress, anxiety or depression.
- Polarity energy healing – The Lismore and Nimbin area is renowned for its ‘alternative’ culture, and this is evident from the popularity of alternative therapies such as polarity energy balancing. This is a gentle and respectful form of deeply transformative hands on healing. This therapy restores the body’s natural intelligence and self healing ability, reactivates the full flow energy, and releases blockages on all levels, restoring full bodily function. This therapy also involves complete chakra balance and alignment, and is effective in bringing peace, acceptance and wholeness to lives filled with stress or anxiety.
- Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s life force energy is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit, creating beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. Reiki is a simple and natural method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use, and works in conjunction with other medical or therapeutic techniques to promote recovery.
- Pedispa – In our hectic lives and busy schedules, it is often easy to neglect our feet – we spend all day walking around on them, keep them enclosed in shoes all the time, and promptly forget them when we sit down. It is only when we take time away from the hustle and bustle of it all, that we remember that our feet need some love as well. It is no wonder that so many visitors to the area treat themselves to a one hour Ripple pedispa indulgence, just for those neglected and overworked feet. Deeply nourishing and hydrating, this aromatic foot ritual includes a foot soak, an exfoliating foot scrub, a foot massage and a deluxe pedicure. Your feet will thank you for it.
No visit to Lismore is complete without experiencing one of the many therapies and treatments on offer. Whether it’s getting in touch with nature, unwinding with a reiki massage, indulging in a bit of pampering for your feet and hands… You will find plenty of activities and offerings to keep you feeling zen.