Are you looking to detox the gentle way? Want to cleanse your body from the outside as well as the inside? Ripple’s detox massage is a great way to do a stand alone body rejuvenation and detox, or to support a detoxing diet.
Including massage that works on your lymphatic system to drain toxins, essential oils that detox the body, exfoliation to increase blood flow and polish you skin, and gentle cleansing masks, this is a great way to get ready for the beach or for the warmer months. Click here for the full list of detox massages and pricing or simply call 0438 567 906
Full details below, feel free to add on a manicure or pedicure as well
Click here for more info on how massage affects every system in your body (its more powerful than you think).
Detox Massage With Ripple – Sunshine Coast Daily
THE ONLY thing better than treating yourself to a massage is not having to leave the comfort of your own home to do so.
Ripple Massage is based throughout Australia and has an extensive menu of massages and body treatments available, all of which can be provided at your convenience.
My treatment of choice was the two-hour Detox massage package, something Ripple Massage managing director Ali Saoirse says every woman should treat herself to.
Claire, my massage therapist, arrived right on time, massage table and iPod in hand. After she had set up, Claire instructed me to make myself comfortable on my lounge and then produced a hot foot soak with peppermint and lime to rejuvenate my tired feet.
After they’d soaked, she patted them dry and got me to lie on the massage table where she began the second part of my detox, treatment a full body aromatherapy massage with essential oils that Allison makes herself.
As Claire’s expert hands worked their magic, finding my tender spots and releasing the knots, my mind began to drift as my body fully relaxed.
Then, while I was still lying on my front, Claire began to exfoliate my body with a walnut, tangerine and lime scrub designed to polish the skin and get rid of dead cells. This was then wiped off with a steaming hot towel and dried before being covered back over.
I then rolled over on to my back and the massage/exfoliation/detox bliss continued.
Claire applied an organic green clay and cucumber mask to my face before working her way down to my feet for a reflexology massage, thumbing away at the hours spent walking, standing and running.
By the time she was finished with my feet, the face mask was dry and Claire set to work removing it with hot towels.
Claire then massaged my neck, shoulders and head, which was, in my opinion, the very best part of the treatment. When she was finished I practically rolled off the table, every muscle in my body relaxed and with the added bonus of soft, shiny skin.
It’s something I will definitely be doing again… and again… and again.
Detox Massage Tips
- Detox works best when you do it with both the inside and the outside. The first couple of days of these sort of diets aren’t usually much fun – lots of water, no wheat or dairy, none of your favourite cakes or alchohol. But they are a great way to reset your body and your mind into a healthier way of living. You could try some of the shorter ones that are quite as extreme. I figure its better to do a shorter easier one and complete than try for the Everest of Detox Diets and come away feeling disheartened. More tips on why your massage therapist will encourage you to drink more water are here
- You can add in other nice treatments to your diet to make it more fun like the detox massage. This works on several body systems like the lymphatic system and the digestive system. Ripple also uses essential oils such as lime and tangerine to further eliminate toxins from your body.
- Detoxing can help you get rid of toxins from your body that can lead to diseases and other health problems. The first couple of days you can feel tired and have headaches, so schedule in some rest time. Yep, maybe a day of just lying around, being kind to your body
- If you eat an unhealthy diet then detoxing can help you feel better. As most people don’t usually drink enough water, a detox diet can help change this habit. I usually add some lemon or orange juice into mine, ice and put it in a wine glass to make it easier to drink.
- It usually only takes a day or two to start to notice a difference in your skin and eyes. And after the first couple of days you usually feel better too. A side benefit is if you don’t load up on calories (to make up for the lack of alcohol and caffeine) then you often will lose some weight too.
Detox Massage Diet
- To begin, start to wean yourself off caffeine and alcohol. This can cause headaches so start gradually until they are totally eliminated.
- Stock up on herbal detox teas and healthy fresh food. Remove any sugar, sweets, junk food or other unhealthy foods from you cupboards.
- Foods to avoid – anything with caffeine or sugar in it. Diary and wheat products. Salt, margarine, butter, proteins such as beef and pork, fast foods such as hot chips, and beverages like coffee, wine and soft drinks.
- As part of the detox diet, drink a minimum of two liters of water each day.
- Choose organic foods wherever possible. Here are some great tips on super foods to turbo charge your detox diet
- Exercise daily as part of your detox programme.
- During your first week you may experience tiredness, headaches, stiffness, muscle and joint pain, cramps in the stomach, pimples and wind. This is just your body adjusting to the new diet.
- If you really want something sweet try some frozen grapes.
- If you are craving coffee, dandelion tea is a great substitute.
- If you are craving carbohydrates, cinnamon tea is a good way to dampen the craving.
- And as a snack, try some baked potato chips with no oil.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables. More info on super foods are here.
- Eat less salt as this is what can cause you to retain fluids, giving you that puffy look that you are trying to avoid.
- Use herbs and spices to flavour your meals instead of fats and sauces.
- Herbal teas are a great in a detox, flavorsome way to up your water intake
- Gets lots of sleep, so that your body is able to recharge itself.
- Book in regular massages. Massaging the muscles speeds up the release of toxins from the body.
Here Are Some Of Our Favourite Juices
Apple, orange, blueberries and carrot: packed with vitamin C to energize and give you a lift. Click here for more on how Vitamin C helps your body
Papaya, melon and grapes: papaya is soothing on the stomach, this juice is also fab for your liver and kidneys
Carrot, beetroot and celery: a good kick-start morning juice. I was never a great fan of beetroot but fresh beetroot in a vegetable juice gives it a lovely light but sweet twist and is also great for you
Cabbage, fennel and apple: this is an ideal cleansing juice. Be sure to add a couple of apples, half a small cabbage and half a fennel bulb and maybe even a spoonful of lemon or lime juice
Cheats Guide to Detox
So here is the cheaters guide to cleansing your body after hammering it over the holidays .. a gentle way to ease into something that is healthier and won’t shock your body into rebellion.
- Alcohol – Giving up completely can be difficult, especially during the holidays everyone else is drinking around you. So instead of cutting it out altogether, aim to keep any drinks to two a day, and cut down on the amount of alcohol in each one. Like a beer? Maybe think to cut down to a light one. Look forward to that glass of wine at the end of the day. Maybe try a spritzer (perfect in the summertime).
- Soft and energy drinks – ah, loaded with sugar and lots of chemicals that really aren’t great for your body. If you really don’t like drinking water straight, maybe switch to something less loaded up with bad stuff like a soda water with a splash of lime juice and a tiny splash of cordial. Lot less sugar and no caffeine.
- Coffee – Some think this is the hardest, that jolt of caffeine in the morning can be the difference between getting out of bed in the morning or hiding under the covers. One coffee in the morning is fine, its when this stretches out to 3 or more during the day that the negative health affects kick in. A US study of spiders showed that when they were given caffeine their webs that that wove were scattered, full of holes and very patchy. Caffeine does the same to humans, can make you jittery, scattered and unfocused. So if you have to have one, try to keep to just one in the morning, then for the rest of the day try herbal teas. Yep, I hear you cringing now and thinking herbal tea? Yuck. But there are some great fruit ones that taste great.
- Take some vitamins – there are vitamins that you can take that will support your liver in its detox, so go on, be nice to your body and give it the nutrients it needs, even if in pill form, to help it through the process. Your body may also need some Vitamin D, more on why click here
- Exercise – If you are like me, hitting the gym every day for an hours workout is not on the top of my bucket list. So maybe bring exercise into your day with something enjoyable like walking along the beach or going for a swim in the ocean. Sex is also a great way to get the heart rate going as well.
- And my all time detox tip – Get a massage. Massage is a sensational way to clean out the toxins in your body, as it works on your lymphatic system, increases the blood flow around your body, helps with your digestive system and generally pumps your body full of endorphins and other feel good chemicals the healthy way.