1.5 Hour Reflexology Foot Massage – $150 ($135 Members)
Includes one hour foot reflexology, express pedicure, foot exfoliation and warm lime and peppermint scented foot soak.
It is also included for free in all our massage packages
Either call 0438 567 906 or book online
Where We Found It: Beijing
“Just up near Tiannamen Square, I found the place I had been looking for.
A small room, kind of resembling a doctors office.
The receptionist at the hotel had assured me that this was where I would get the best reflexology treatment in Beijing.
So with a mix of English and a smattering of pathetic Chinese, the lady at the massage clinic took pity on me and said “English okay.”
Either that or she didn’t like her language being butchered by another foreigner.
So that barrier aside I then had my feet soak in a mix of Chinese herbs (27 apparently, kind of like the Kernels secret herbs and spices but for the feet).
And then the most sublime foot massage I’ve ever had.
Within minutes, all the traipsing up and down the wall had disappeared
So good in fact that I went back the next day…oh and the next.” Ali
Reflexology is based on the idea that energy flows around your body. The Chinese believe that if this energy is blocked, then the body gets sick.
Reflexology is gentle pressure applied to points on your feet, known as reflexes. This can help unblock any energy that is trapped.
It also has the belief that your feet contain a “map” of the entire body: every organ and body structure relates to a precise point on the top, side or sole of the foot.
For example, your brain is connected to the top of your big toe, while the bladder point is at the base of your heel.
The idea is that when an area of your body is out of balance, the related reflex will be tender to the touch.
Reflexology will gently work a tender point, which helps to break down deposits and restore energy flow through the zone. The massage action also has the effect of stimulating the circulation of your blood and lymph to the area and feels highly relaxing.
So What Parts Of Your Body Are Reflected In Your Feet?
- Your head is represented in your toes.
- The right big toe corresponds to the right of your head and the left big toe to the left of your head.
- The eight smaller toes hold the reflexes to specific parts of your head, such as sinuses and ears. Your neck reflexes can be found in the “necks” of your toes!
- The reflex area for your spine can be found on the inner sole of your feet, and your stomach is in the same area. Your chest reflex can be found in the balls of your feet, and on the same area on top of your feet.
- These also relate to the air passages, lungs, breasts, heart, thymus gland and shoulders. The lower edge of the chest area runs across the base of the balls of the feet.
- The whole of your heel all around your foot contains the reflexes to your pelvic area: they lie on the sole and the sides of your heel and also across the top of your ankle.
- The limbs are on the outer edge of your foot but also, and most particularly, on the corresponding upper or lower limb.
Reflexology works quite simply and in a highly effective, efficient way. During treatment all parts of the feet will be stimulated and the significant dual effect is to relax your muscles and also to increase the efficiency of the circulation to all parts of the body.
Sole Gift Box – Soothes tired feet, rejuvenates the sole. Includes peppermint lotion, scented massage oil, aromatherapy soap, foot soak, and relaxation bath salts.. Beautifully gift wrapped, includes free delivery to anywhere in Australia. Only $70
Ripple Sole Massage Oil – Indulge your feet. Rub into dry skin or splash in a foot bath. Nourishing and softening. Large 125ml bottle. $7